Monday, October 5, 2009

A Letter To My Father conitnued

I loved you man, still do. I don't think you knew just how great I thought you were. You were daddy, I viewed you as godlike. Man I thought you were cool, you were beautiful to Misterman and me. Your voice was so deep, and you were so strong; you used to do push ups with me on your back. I've been told that I sound like you, that I look like you, that I even gesticulate like you. You were better than Superman to me, you were my father. I to used love riding on your shoulders. Chloe loves to get on my shoulders, whenever she's up there I think of you. When I take her to the movies, I think of you, the amusement park, the beach, the playground, I think of you. You broke my little heart, you broke a few little hearts. Where have you been man?...

2 comments:

  1. wow, I'm learning a lot! He did push-ups with you on his back? You paint such a beautiful and at the same time sad picture here, bro. You really miss him and I can feel it, reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this wrenches my heart as the feelings I feel are same in almost every detail, but yet I cant be mad at my father for not being there. How can you take care of someone else if you cant take care of your self. It doesnt excuse him of his fartherly duties, but I have an understanding and I do not blame him. It just makes me be a better father to my child as I dont want her to feel the way I have growing up!

    ReplyDelete